Chatter is the social center of Salesforce1, making any Salesforce app social – it integrates social sharing directly into everyday sales, service and marketing processes. The Salesforce1 Mobile App enables employees to contribute and take action from any mobile device, anytime, anywhere.
Chatter is a great way to collaborate within your organization. With Chatter, information about people and important projects is automatically updated, so it is easy to connect with people and information. Chatter operates a lot like Facebook in that you can follow the people and records that are interesting or important to you. You can choose how often you receive updates and can “Like” items. The best part is that you control what updates you see. Here are some ways to use Chatter:
1. Ask a Question – Next time you have a question for another team, instead of sending an email that everyone must ‘reply all’ to, just post the question to Chatter and get answers immediately, and everyone else can see too.
2. Collaborate – Use Chatter as a way to brainstorm with your co-workers. Ask a question, start a discussion and watch the ideas flow.
3. Share large files – Big files can fill your inbox, and keeping track of the latest revision is almost impossible. It is very easy to share files with Chatter – just drag and drop and everyone sees the updates instantly. In addition, they can make comments right on the file.
4. Share websites, articles, etc. – Chatter is a great place to share relevant industry information. When you read something of note, simply post a link to your Chatter account. In addition, you can bookmark other people’s suggestions.
5. Manage projects – Projects often involve a lot of people. Chatter allows you to create groups so that the whole project team can stay informed all along the way.
6. Solve Problems for Customers – When your customer has an issue, it often involves other departments in your company. Chatter allows open communication between teams so that you can solve the problem quickly and easily.
7. Protect Information – Much information is sensitive and confidential. Chatter has private groups that allow communication with the assurance that the conversation is confidential.
8. Spend Less Time in Meetings – Instead of spending hours and hours in meetings, use Chatter to communicate and collaborate. Chatter users report that they significantly reduce the time they spend in meetings.
Chatter is a social tool that can help you work more efficiently. Where’s the best place to find out more information about Chatter?